Very few people are aware of the kind of energy that they have. For the most part they tend to become aware of their energy level when becomes really low, in which case they are usually looking for a power drink or a cup of coffee. The reason for this is that most people tend to believe that their energy level is a direct result of their metabolism only.
While it is true that the kind of foods you eat and how much you eat tend to greatly affect your energy levels, your metabolism is not the only source of energy intake that you have. Since science does not have any great understanding of subtle energy, it does not take into account the fact that energy can be accessed in a more direct fashion. Since science is our new religion, in the West we are mostly bombarded with different ways of increasing our energy level through the ingestion of different supplements, foods, and drink.
You must realize though that you can greatly increase the amount of energy that you have. You must first become aware of the fact that energy can be accessed through more subtle means. In Asia for example, the old ways have not been forgotten and people practice many different techniques in order to increase energy in their bodies. The practice of yoga and chi-kung are the most famous and best known in the West.
There are of course ancient Western schools of thought that have understood this subtle energy and have taught how to work with it as well. Ancient European people understood quite well that energy existed in many different degrees and that these energies could be tapped in different ways to provide different benefits.
I would like to share with you here at technique that you can use to increase your energy level. This technique uses breathing, which is one of the best ways to tap into subtle energy and increase the flow of this energy within your body.
- Find that nice relaxed sitting position either on a comfortable chair or on the floor. Keep your back erect. You can also stand to do this exercise if you so desire; if this is the case then try to take a comfortable standing position with both feet shoulder width apart and no slouching.
- Take a really deep breath to the count of five.
- Slowly relax your body and as you do so let the air out of your lungs for a count of 10.
- Repeat this exercise to a count of 10.
- While you are doing this exercise you must close your jaw firmly and clench both your hands into fists. You must keep your entire body relaxed except for your jaw and your hands. As you breathe in and out, think to yourself that each breath is bringing you a great surge of energy into your body and that this energy is being stored deep within your body.
The benefits of this exercise might not be noticeable at first. It usually takes about 15 to 20 minutes before you start noticing the great surge of energy that you have ingested into your body. This general increase in energy should last a few hours and should give you the extra ‘pep’ that you need to get through a hard day.
You can do this exercise as many times as you like during the day. If you are persistent and you do this exercise at least once a day for a month, you will notice a great increase in your overall energy level. Doing this exercise on a regular basis will allow you to fight off infection and disease and should actually even help you to increase your personal confidence since confidence is really just high energy level.