There are many people who would like to be psychic. The interesting thing is that we are all psychic really, what tends to hold us back is our disbelief in our abilities and therefore our inability to tune into our perceptions. Perceptions which are usually called psychic or extrasensory, tend to be perceptions that are at the very edge of our attention; that is they exist at the very edge of our conscious attention.
Being psychic therefore involves the ability to access nearly subconscious data. The better that a person is able to access this subtle perception, the more capable that they are as a psychic. Sometimes all we have to go on with these nearly imperceptible perceptions, is a gut feeling or image that has been projected into our minds when we weren’t so focused on daily affairs.
It is possible though to find out if you have any psychic inclinations at all. Here is a simple questionnaire that you can ask yourself to get a basic idea as to how susceptible you are to very subtle perceptions. As I said we are all psychic, but this test should tell you how good you are picking up subtle nearly, subconscious perceptions.
Ask yourself the following questions:
– Have you ever wanted to write something or perhaps draw a picture, which when you look at it in retrospect, seems completely alien to the way that you usually think?
– Do you ever have certain patterns, like the patterns on the ceiling or the patterns in a really busy curtain, change into the faces or into other images?
– Have you ever had a gut feeling that a close friend or relative has been in some kind of trouble or an accident?
– Have you ever smelled something that no one else seems to be able to smell but that somehow invokes an image or a feeling within you that is almost overwhelming?
– Have you ever had a negative feeling about someone who everyone else seems to think is so good?
– When you encounter someone who is feeling ill, do have a natural inclination to touch them or to send them positive energy?
– Have you ever had a strong feeling not to go down a certain alley or perhaps not go to a certain place, but you have no logical reason for this feeling?
– Have you ever handled some kind of item and have noticed that this item invokes certain images in your mind or certain feelings?
– When you’re drifting off to sleep have you ever heard voices, perhaps even a voice talking to you directly?
– Do you see flashes of light out of the corner of your eye or perhaps even around other people?
– Do you ever get a sense that the phone is about to ring just before it rings?
– Do you ever get a strong gut feeling that something’s going to happen, and it does?
– Do you sometimes know what another person is going to say for no particular reason?
– Have you ever dreamt something that later came true?
– Have you ever had a feeling or impulse to turn around only to find out that someone was staring at you?
– Have you ever had the feeling, while alone in a lonely place, that someone is there with you or someone is watching you when in fact you are all alone?
– After stepping into a house or a building for the first time, have you ever had an intense impression from the place, a feeling of sadness or happiness perhaps?
– Have you ever met someone for the first time and yet you know you’ve met them somewhere before?
– Do you see things out of the corner of your eye, perhaps shadows?
– Have you ever seen colored mists? Around people, animals, or objects?
These are simple questions but they can lead to further questioning on your part. This questioning can show you how sensitive you are to those subtle perceptive details that other people tend to overlook. If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, then you should realize that you do have psychic potential.
In the future, try to pay more attention to those subtle feelings, those gut feelings, those random images that pop into your head from nowhere. It is through this awareness that you will discover your psychic self.