Increase Metabolism and Lose Fat Fast
There are a lot of people who would love increase their metabolism. Having a high level of metabolism enables you to burn fat and lose weight fast with the least amount of activity. Metabolism is the chemical process that occurs in living organisms, resulting in growth, production of energy, and elimination of waste.
The most important factors in the rate and strength of your metabolism are muscle tissue and activity. The more muscle that you have, the more energy that you burn. The more activity that you do, the more energy/calories that you burn. How much you eat, what you eat and genetics also play a very large role in your metabolic rate. Metabolism starts to slow down when a person begins to slow down with age or as a result of a very sedentary routine.
To increase your metabolism you should:
- Build muscle and lose fat at all cost! As we get older our metabolism slows down and we get flabbier, but new studies show that we can reverse this effect and that the biggest reason why we get slower and flabbier is laziness. The more muscle that you have, the more calories you burn and therefore the less fat that you have. Use weights when you exercise. There is nothing like resistance training to increase you metabolic rate and increase your overall strength. You don’t have to start with very heavy weights. If you can feel a resistance from the weight, then you are benefiting from resistance training. If you are not interested in building muscle bulk then use lighter weights with lots of repetition. This will give you a very beautiful sculpted look.
- Do cardiovascular training on a regular basis. The ideal is to do something that will have you taking deep breaths but not wheezing.
– Begin slow and build up by increasing the length of the workout and the speed.
– Try doing your cardio with some weights.
- Eat breakfast. They don’t say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day for nothing. After having been asleep for hours, the body is literally starved for sustenance. If you starve the body, the metabolism slows down. In other words, thinner people eat breakfast.
- Stay away from sugar. When the body consumes sugar, all of its caloric needs are met very quickly because the body can very quickly break down sugars and make body fuel. Unfortunately the body will the store the pasta that you has just consumed before, the only way that it knows how, which is to turn it into fat.
- Eat hot, spicy foods. Hot foods with lots of hot peppers will actually increase your metabolism!
- Make sure to get your daily dose of sleep. Some research has shown that people that don’t get enough sleep will increase in body weight. If you are lethargic all day due to a lack of sleep, then your metabolism has slowed down and that is not what you want when you are planning to lose weight. Another important issue is that if you are now regularly working out, you will want to give your body more sleep so that it can heal and recuperate.
- Drink more water. Water is the single most important ingredient in flushing out waste from the body. Have you noticed that you start to feel lethargic when you don’t drink enough liquids? This is because the body needs water for all major functions and if you don’t have enough of this precious liquid then your body will try to compensate by slowing itself down.
- Eat smaller meals but with greater frequency. The ideal would be to eat four to six small meals a day with not more than 3 hours in between. This is a very BIG secret to metabolic increase!
- Never skip meals. The most common idea when dieting is that you have to skip meals. This is the biggest mistake that you can make! Not eating on a regular basis slows down your metabolism.
- Plan when you are going to eat, and how much. Start a journal that will allow you to plan in a very specific way what and when you will be eating. The more chaotic that your meals schedule is, the more chance there is of losing the momentum that you want to maintain.
- Drink lots of green tea. It can be used as a substitute for coffee. Tea has actually more caffeine than coffee and will stimulate your system. Unlike coffee, there are no real bad side effects from drinking too much tea. And of all the teas, green tea has been shown to flush away fats from the system.
- Eat plenty of high energy foods. Fruits are a great source of energy and you should teach yourself to use them as replacements for junk food. Royal bee jelly, bee pollen and blue green algae are fantastic sources of energy since they are basically concentrated super foods. Buy these in pill form and you can pop them throughout the day whenever you are feeling a little tired.
Achieving the desired body weight is never impossible if you stay focused and determined so that you can learn to consciously control your metabolism levels. Staying in shape is more than just a whim; it has to be a positive change that you make in your daily routines and a change that has to be there for the rest of your life.