Increasing your Subtle Energy Level Part 2
In the last article, we had discussed how ingestion alone will not allow you to acquire all the energy that you need in order to stay healthy. We are conditioned to think that all of the energy intake that we need has to come through some kind of food or drink and as a result we tend to believe that this is the only way that we will get the energy that we need to stay healthy and strong. The reality of the situation though is that there are different ways to acquire this energy and even though you should not stop eating, you should use these other methods so that you have the extra energy that you need to give your best every day.
Extra energy absorption will not only give you greater strength to be able to tackle those things that you must confront every day, it will also keep you healthy and give you the energy to fight off infections and diseases that can take their toll on all of us. This becomes more and more important as the human population increases.
It is the case though that you should maintain a good diet, now this does not mean that you should become some kind of health nut, only eating those things that you think you should eat. What you should do instead is listen to your body and listen to your own rhythms and in this way discover those things that give you the most energy and make you feel good. Listening to your body when it tells you that it feels good goes a long way to understanding what it is that your body craves and why. There is no need to give up meat or to start eating meat if you are a vegetarian; what is most important is that you listen to your own body needs, cravings, and desires and in this way find your optimal diet.
You should also make sure that you exercise on a regular basis. Again you should not become some kind of health nut because this is actually detrimental to many. Try to do something light every day, like a pleasant stroll to get the blood moving through your system. This general movement, allowing the blood to flow and the heart to beat just a little faster, is enough to keep you healthy and energetic. Again this does not mean that you should give up heavy exercise if that’s what your body craves and what you think you like and need. You must remember to follow your cravings and listen to what your body needs.
Beyond this here is an exercise that is called ‘the child of the Sun’, it is another exercise that was developed to allow you to absorb energy through non-digestive means. You can do this exercise every morning or in the middle of the day whenever you have time. I do not recommend that you do it at night because the energy absorption might interfere with your sleep.
- Sit with your back straight on a comfortable chair; it is preferable that you sit with this exercise since lying down or standing up can interfere with your visualization. This is an exercise where you powers of visualization are very important and they are directly related to how well you can absorb energy using this technique.
- Close your eyes and visualize the Sun, a great big flaming ball of fire and energy before you.
- Imagine that your body is lifting up and imagine yourself going into the Sun. Try to get into the middle of this flaming ball of fire.
- You don’t have to worry about anything because you are a child of the Sun and this is where you belong. Let the tremendous energy of this huge Sun flow through your entire being invigorating and strengthening every cell of your body.
- After about a minute return to your body, you can open your eyes and go about your business. If you think you need extra energy, try to stay in the ball of the sun a little longer but there’s no need to do this exercise for more than a couple of minutes.
If you are really good at visualizing, you will notice great benefit right away from this exercise. It is also the case that you will notice more energy as you go about your day, try to keep an eye out and notice that you will most likely be performing tasks without feeling so lethargic and weak, as might have been the case before.
This is also a wonderful exercise if you suffer from seasonal affective disorder. This visualization will greatly help with your mood and will give you the extra pep that you need in order to get by those gloomy days of winter.