Many people believe that the world is getting stranger by the year. Everything just seems more chaotic; remember that word ‘chaotic’, we are going to come back to it because it is very relevant to what we are going to talk about in this article.
Is there a hidden book that somehow explains the reality in which we find ourselves? Is there an odd and strange book, written by a crazy and yet amazing character, that would help to explain at least some of the many mysteries of this universe, and do so in beautiful and incredibly powerful prose? Believe it or not the answer to this questions is yes. The name of that book is “The Book of the Law” and the name of the crazy genius who wrote it is Aleistair Crowley.
In a time of amazing figures and incredible history, Aleistair Crowley was arguably one of the most interesting figures of the last century. He was born Edward Alexander Crowley on October 12, 1875. I doubt that you could go far into the sphere of the occult and Magick (he was actually the person that coined the term Magick in order to separate true magical practices from stage magic) without hearing his name mentioned at least once, and it would not be a stretch to say that he is largely responsible for what we have come to refer to as the mystical new age movement.
Born the son of a wealthy evangelical family, he was soon to reject his oppressive religious home life and begin a life where he seemed to do everything in his power to bring down any kind of established religious oppression. Indeed he coined the term “ The Beast” for himself in order to pronounce himself as an antichrist or one who is completely against Christian theology. Born with a brilliant intellect he was soon to see the many holes in the established order that he lived in, with a particular hatred for the oppressive Christian dogma that he had to put up with as a child.
This article certainly cannot contain or bring to light the incredibly eclectic life of Aleistair Crowley . But it is good that we acknowledge that he was not just a one book wonder, as it were. That is “The Book of the Law”, the book that we shall discuss in this series of articles, was not his only great work and some would even argue that it was not his best. Crowley had an incredibly prolific writing career; he wrote over 45 voluminous books, these were incredibly well-written books with an amazing amount of detail and information. And this does not include the many poems that he wrote which were usually quite long and very well written as well. His life is one giant creative effort that literally changed the way the North Western world approaches occultism, magick, and the paranormal.
In this amazing repertoire of material, one can find ideas and concepts that were far ahead of their time. He wrote of ideas that would not be popular until our time and spoke of concepts, especially the Eastern practices, that would not be embraced by the West until nearly a century later. An interesting and fun example of this, can be seen in his “The Book of Lies”. This book consisted of 93 chapters, each chapter is about a page of text where he writes in poetic and incredibly intriguing prose, certain ideas and thoughts which also directly relate to his magical practice and occult philosophy.
Now it must be remembered that this book was written literally 100 years ago and what might seem quaint today was then an incredible leap in intellectual prowess. For example in the 69th chapter of this book, we are told of a way to attain bliss, become a success, and have contact with our Guardian Angel:
The Way to Succeed—And the Way to Suck Eggs!
This is the Holy Hexagram.
Plunge from the height, O God, and interlock with
Plunge from the height, O Man, and interlock with
The Red Triangle is the descending tongue of grace;
the Blue Triangle is the ascending tongue of
This Interchange, the Double Gift of Tongues, the
Word of Double Power—ABRAHADABRA!—is
the sign of the GREAT WORK, for the GREAT
WORK is accomplished in Silence. And behold is
not that Word equal to Cheth, that is Cancer.
whose Sigil is 69?
This Work also eats up itself, accomplishes its own
end, nourishes the worker, leaves no seed, is per-
fect in itself.
Little children, love one another!
Within this poem, Crowley tells us a great many secrets and creates a number of puns that are most interesting, funny, and at the same time quite informative. As I said this is the 69th chapter and this is a clue as to what this poem is all about. As I have mentioned, while 69 is common parlance NOW for oral stimulation, you must remember that this and these ideas were written over 100 years ago. This poem in and of itself shows the incredible prowess of this man’s intellect and gives you a clue as to why many consider him to be the prophet of the new age. He continues with these puns and metaphors revealing a most powerful meditative practice and magical act; he is essentially talking about how a man can become divine by sucking eggs!
Now I do not mean to make the man seem to be a god of some kind, because he had many faults. Certainly if you ever get around to reading one of his many biographies, you will see that he was quite a crazy fellow with a penchant for the terrible. There are many though who would consider him to be some kind of grand avatar of the future, but in reality these people tend to truly overestimate the man and his capabilities. There are those for example that believe that through some of his magickal rites, he initiated the world wars of the last century and created a rift that opened up and changed the entire framework of the energetic consistency of this planet.
While I do believe that he was a good magician and a great writer, I do not believe that he changed the course of the world. And while it is important to understand that he had his finger in much of what we would now consider to be the modern occult tradition, he was not a hugely successful magician in many ways. I think his true talents lie in his ability to intuit and become a channel for the energy that would comprise these modern times, and there is no better example of that than his very famous “Book of the Law”.
In our next installment in this series, we will discuss a little more of Crowley’s life and begin to delve into the book that he himself considered to be his greatest work; The Book of the Law.
When researching the paranormal, it is sometimes the case that you run into people that need help. While paranormal researchers might be pursuing the occult, UFOs, and cryptids, sometimes the people that they run into during these searches tend to be normal people that would just like to forget what they saw and return to their regular lives. Unfortunately sometimes these people continue to be plagued by these paranormal forces and they feel that there is no way that they can escape them.
Usually such people feel powerless in the face of this paranormal phenomena. Such powerlessness can make one feel insignificant in the face of something that they do not understand and can make life difficult to say the least. There are two aspects of this:
- The fact that they have discovered that the world is far stranger than they thought it was.
- The fact that this new strange world that they have discovered does not conform to regular laws. They have no way to deal with it; to stop it, to ignore it, or to control it in any way. This makes it seem like their lives have spun out of control and are no longer their own.
This is a very common theme with many people and it seems to be a growing thing as more and more individuals seem to be affected by what we would call the paranormal. It is not my opinion that the world is getting stranger per se but I do believe that many human beings are becoming more and more sensitive to currents and forces that not so long ago they had been conditioned psychologically to ignore.
The truth though is that we are not powerless against these paranormal forces. The truth is that since we have been conditioned since childhood to ignore a large branch of our psyche, that which we consider the paranormal, we are therefore ill equipped to deal with these strange forces.
As such, I present in this article a technique that is simple and yet an incredibly powerful banishing ritual. Perhaps ritual is a strong word since in reality this is more of a type of action. Since action is really thought physically manifested, what you’re really doing is manifesting a very strong thought in order to clear an area of energies or entities that you do not wish to deal with.
This banishing ritual can be used against any entity that you might find is having a psychological or physically ill effect on you or your family. This banishment can be used against ghosts, negative energies, certain types of unknown cryptids, and can even be used against much of the negative UFO phenomenon (including alien abduction) that many people are experiencing.
‘To banish’ is generally defined as;– to send away, to forbid, to get rid of
In the occult sphere this generally means a technique that you use in order to;
send away, forbid, or get rid of a certain entity or groups of entities that are endangering you mentally or physically.
A banishment like most occult techniques, requires three major things:
- Great focus and concentration
- Strong visualizations
- Psychic energy
These must all be used in conjunction to create a very strong thought, or group of thoughts, that is projected from your mind into the external world. You are essentially taking a very powerful subjective experience that you have created within your own mind and projecting it outwardly into the objective or physical world in order to create a psychological and physical change.
In order to perform this ritual:
– I want you to take a very long and deep inhalation. As you are inhaling imagine that you are sucking in energy from all around you. As you perform this long inhalation imagine that you are sucking in power from all of the things around you, that this energy is seeping into you through your bones and every pore in your body. Try to inhale as long and as deeply as possible.
– When you finish your inhalation, exhale in a natural and relaxed manner, making sure to relax your body completely as you do so. Now once again inhale and imagine that you are inhaling all of the energy and power that you possibly can. This inhalation should last as long as possible so that you are sucking in as much energy as you can from the universe around you. When you’re finished your inhalation again exhale and relax your body completely. Inhale like this one more time and exhale relaxing your body completely when you are done.
– You will be inhaling for a total of three times, sucking in as much energy into yourself as possible. Try to imagine that this energy that you are inhaling into yourself is being concentrated into up powerful ball of psychic energy in your lower stomach. By the third inhalation you should have a very powerful buildup of psychic energy that you can actually feel.
– After your third inhalation and once you have a good feeling of that psychic force within your lower stomach, extend your arms before you sort of like you’re about to push something away. Now from the very center of your being push this energy out from within yourself and as you do so imagine that there is a ray of light coming either from the palms of your hands are the very tips of your fingers. This light shoots out from you and goes out into the area where you wish to cleanse or banish.
– It is most important that as this energy is propelled from within you, you vividly imagine a very powerful white light shooting from your fingers or the palms of your hands. Try to see this light coming out from you as vividly as possible, make it a very bright and powerful light, as powerful as you can make it. Also do not just visualize this light coming out of you but also trying feel it as it goes through your being and out of your hands, perhaps like an electrical charge rushing out of from the belly through the arms and out of your hands.
– Imagine that this light energy shooting out of you smashes into the area that you wish to banish and there creates a very powerful white form. This form could either be a big gigantic star that is shining bright with pure light everywhere, throwing all the evil things away, or it could even be an avatar that you might wish to use, sort of like your power animal that comes out in rips away anything that you do not want in this area.
– As this light coalesces into a form before you; that is as you imagine this light being formed into a powerful avatar of some kind, whether it be a powerful animal form or perhaps just a very powerful shining orb, I want you to say out loud, “protect!”. You can use any word you like here but try to make it a powerful word that represents what your banishment is doing right now. This word should come from deep within you just like that energy that you have just projected into the room, it comes from deep within your gut.
This is a very powerful banishment that you can use any time that you feel threatened by something which you would consider paranormal. With this banishment you should be able to cleanse any area and the power of this banishment is solely in your hands; it is very dependent on how well you can visualize, how well you can suck that psychic energy and project it out from within yourself, and how much you can believe in the power of this banishment. Have faith in your ability!
Do not be afraid and do not doubt yourself but learn to use our natural human ability to project energy and thoughts. With this ability you can protect yourself from any paranormal entity or area where you find some kind of psychological or physical danger. This banishment is powerful enough to cast away anything that might threaten you or your loved ones. With practice and some mental effort, you should be able to greatly increase your power by working on your visualizations and your concentration.
With this banishment you should be able to protect yourself, and you should no longer feel powerless before these crazy paranormal events that seem to be happening with greater frequency everywhere. Banish, banish, banish, until you feel safe in your space.
If you are interested in having a far richer understanding of banishments and the paranormal in general, I do suggest my book ‘The Paranormal Experience’. In that book I have a whole chapter dedicated to banishments and I also give a detailed description of what the paranormal is and how it is that we go about discovering it or perhaps even stumbling over it.
Thus far in our series on the possible existence of alien visitors, we have considered a number of facts and possibilities:
- There seems to be some kind of aerial phenomena happening in the skies of planet Earth that is being witnessed by many people from all around the world.
- While many scientific panels have been able to explain most of this weird phenomenon that is being experienced by people as being just natural in origin, there is still a large percentage of aerial sightings that remain unexplained. In essence there seems to be no explanation for 5 to 16% of the weird paranormal occurrences experienced by many people around the world.
- There is a big possibility, because of the things that are being reported by the witnesses to this paranormal aerial phenomena, that many of these unknown aerial spectacles could be the result of alien visitation.
- These aliens might be physical creatures from distant planets that are visiting us using a technology that allows them to travel great distances and to perform many maneuvers that to us seem almost magical in nature.
- Perhaps all or some of these alien visitors are not coming from another planet but are perhaps coming from another inter-dimensional universe.
- The alien visitation issue does not only involve aerial phenomenon but also includes the abduction phenomenon. That while the ‘meme’ of alien visitation might have started with aerial sightings, it has now begun to include alien abduction where regular people are being abducted and forced to take part in odd physical and psychological experiments.
Certainly it would seem that we have gone very far in just a few articles; we have considered a number of possibilities that could certainly be considered quite strange. Many people that do not believe in the alien abduction phenomena, tend to view any of these theories or any of the research done by these theorists as pure nonsense. Some have even begun to treat all of the alien visitation phenomena as a type of joke and treat those that would consider these theories seriously as either deluded or as mentally unbalanced people trying to get some kind of attention.
While it might be a great lark to make fun of the idea of rectal probes and little green men in flying saucers, these jokes tend to fade quite quickly when those that doubt these possibilities find themselves experiencing something for themselves. If you have ever spent time with any witnesses that have seen aerial phenomena or have been unfortunate enough to be part of alien abductions, you will very quickly realized that these people are not seeking any kind of attention and that they seem to be quite sane and normal individuals.
The alien phenomenon in all of its many peculiarities is very real and usually has more of a destructive than constructive effect on those that witness any of its many facets.
In the fourth installment of this series on aliens and alien visitations on earth, we will discuss what is perhaps one of the strangest theory that purports to explain this phenomenon:
In another article I had mentioned ‘inorganic beings’ and how these beings are, and have been for a very long time, serious players in the paranormal activities of this planet. In that article I gave a basic description of what these inorganic beings are and how it is that many people tend to miss-identify them as a myriad of different things. I did mentioned in that article that these creatures can be quite destructive and that when they are participating on our plane of existence they tend to usually be predatory creatures looking for an energetic fix.
There is a faction of UFO theorists that have proposed the idea that many or all of the UFO’s that are seen and all of the UFO abductions that are experienced are the result of these inorganic beings interacting with people. This faction of UFO researchers tends to usually be a pretty small branch and thus far they do not have as much credibility like some of the other researchers within their own field. It’s sort of like being an underdog under the underdogs; if people in general aren’t going to take your theories on UFOs and alien visitation seriously, imagine what it must be like when even those theorists won’t take your theories seriously.
Another aspect that makes this theory, the theory that much of this alien phenomenon is really a type of predation by inorganic beings, hard to swallow is that many of these theories are mislabeled and categorized as being demonology of some kind. Indeed there is a large group of individuals within the Christian community that have been advocating the idea that UFOs are in fact just demons. An interesting point since there does seem to be a large similarity between these aliens and the demons in the Christian belief system.
Nevertheless, whether you believe that these inorganic beings are demons, archons, or fairies, the reality is that this theory does help to explain a number of very difficult issues with the alien phenomena:
-It does help to explain why it is the case that these alien abductions and aerial phenomena have been witnessed for the entirety of the history of the human race. That is there are many historical records that indicate that the abduction phenomenon has been going on since the beginning of recorded time and there is also much evidence to show that the aerial phenomenon as it is being seen now was also being seen by people in ancient times. So either alien visitors are conducting a very long investigation into the human race and have no interest in making their agenda known to humans or these aliens are actually a natural aspect of the Earth.
-Why it is that even though the abduction phenomenon has been going on for many decades, it still seems to continue and has not changed dramatically in its structure in any way. That is if it is truly an alien civilization studying human beings, why is it that they need to do so many physical examinations. Certainly after the thousands and thousands of reported cases of alien abduction, you would think that these aliens would have everything that they need. Thousands and thousands of alien abductions seem to be far more consistent with a gathering of resource rather than a gathering of purely scientific information.
It is also the case that the aerial phenomenon, that is UFOs seen over our skies, has not changed very much either. While those that study UFOs are constantly speaking of some kind of great revelation by our alien brothers, this great revelation has never come about. Indeed there doesn’t seem to be very much change in the UFO phenomenon being witnessed by people thousands of years ago and the kind of things being witnessed by people today.
Unfortunately this theory that these alien visitors are just predatory inorganic beings tends to make much more logical sense in some aspects. While it is still the case that there is no need to negate the possibility that indeed there are aliens out there and some have visited us, it is far more likely that the huge amount of alien phenomenon that is witnessed by so many many people around the world is more likely a natural aspect of our earth. While science likes to believe that many of these things are meteorological or have some other natural basis, is it not possible that it is also quite natural that there is a predator(s) out there that is feeding on us just as we feed on other creatures on this planet?
Natural predation on us seems to be an almost too horrible a possibility. Just like we were once conditioned to believe that the Earth was flat or that we were the center of our solar system, we are now conditioned to believe that we are some kind of apex predator that controls the fates of all the other creatures on this Earth. Perhaps it is time that we consider the possibility that we are not this apex predator that we believe we are, that there is quite possibly a creature out there that is superior in many ways to us and is taking from us just like we take from the rest of the world.
Inter-species predation seems to be a natural aspect of this Earth. While people find it very easy to accept the fact that we can keep chicken-coops or cattle ranches in order to feed ourselves, they find it an impossibility to even imagine the possibility that we are being consumed by another species in the same manner. Perhaps the difficulty comes in our inability to accept theories that involve inorganic life; life that does not require a physical body. Science certainly does not seem to be prepared in any way for the possibility of the existence of inorganic life. Perhaps when we begin to understand consciousness better and begin to expand our beliefs, we will begin to take the possibility of inorganic awareness more seriously.
What are we to make of all this, and of all the other theories on aliens and alien visitation to this planet? Certainly it would seem that we are powerless no matter what is going on; whether it is actual physical aliens, whether it is inter-dimensional aliens, or whether it is inorganic predators. But I don’t believe that this is the case as this only seems to be the case if we think of ourselves as a herd instead of as individuals that have the power to affect our reality and the reality of all those around us to a greater or lesser extent.
Perhaps these alien visitors, if they are real, represent a type of hurdle that we must overcome. The way to see these things is as a challenge that must be faced and conquered. Perhaps through sheer desperation or through that inexorable need to find the truth, we will be compelled to shake the very rafters of our beliefs and break down old ideas in order to discover greater possibilities. The fact that the Earth is a round sphere orbiting around a giant sun that orbits within a gigantic galaxy is a scary thing but this new belief has allowed us to conquer old fears and old problems. Perhaps this new challenge, the investigation of our subjective understanding of what life and consciousness are, will allow us to create new beliefs that will take us even farther on our road to discovery and mass evolution.
Perhaps on that day, we will meet those alien visitors and truly find out who they are and what they want.
In the last installment of our UFO series, we considered the conservative 5% of all of the ‘verified as’ unknown aerial phenomenon that is reported around the Earth. Within this 5% we contemplated the theory that much of this aerial phenomenon consists of physical interstellar craft from other planets. In this article we’re going to explore the possibility that such aerial phenomenon could possibly be of an interdimensional nature.
The human species has made some great advancements technologically within the last hundred years. Modern physicists and mathematicians have been able to postulate and can prove mathematically many theories that seem to show that we live within a multi-dimensional universe. That is we seem to exist within a universe that is made up of more than just one dimension.
Quantum physics for example tells us that each action and decision within what we would consider our physical dimension, creates branches of probability that open up the possibility of different lines of action within different dimensional fields. What this means is that each action or decision that we make creates a probable verse that follows that decision or action to its conclusion. Each fork in the road creates two or more possibilities and each path (each probability) is followed to completion. When we decide to follow a certain path, we are under the impression that we have only taken one road but according to quantum theory, a probable ‘I’ took the other road so what we have therefore is an infinite number of universes each being created every time we choose a certain path on the road of life.
String theory has also postulated the possibility that we live within a multidimensional universe. While string theory is more binding in its understanding of these other dimensional universes, there is still the possibility of a multidimensional verse where at least 11 dimensions are currently recognized.
With this new understanding of our universe, many modern UFO researchers have postulated the possibility that UFOs are actually not from other planets but are actually from other dimensions. Essentially what they are saying is that these alien travelers are not coming from the Andromeda galaxy for example, but that they are actually coming from a completely different universe!
This is an interesting theory to UFO researchers because it does provide a theory as to how long distance interstellar travel could be circumvented. An alien civilization that possesses the technological capability to travel in a trans-dimensional manner, is able to have complete dominion over space and time. Such an incredibly advanced technological alien civilization, could possibly come from a whole different galaxy ,but an even more amazing possibility exists where such trans-dimensional alien civilizations could actually be visiting us from wholly different universes.
Trans-dimensional aliens could possibly live in trans-dimensional universes where our laws of physics are completely void; that is they could exist in a completely different verse where they have completely different physical laws. What is interesting about trans-dimensional voyageurs is that a trans-dimensional trip in a craft of some sort for example would, upon entering our universe, experience some incredible pressures as it goes from one universe with a certain set of physical laws and enters a new universe with completely different ones. An interdimensional craft would start out having a certain shape in its own universe, and then upon entering our universe would be molded into a different craft as our physical laws take hold of it.
So the theory that all UFOs, or many UFOs, are actually interdimensional aliens allows us to understand how it is possible that:
- An alien civilization could travel the vast distances needed to reach our Earth.
- How many of the UFOs that are seen over our skies seem to somehow be able to morph from one shape to another.
Interdimensional craft should be able to bend space and time and therefore be capable of all of the incredible maneuvers that are seen by witnesses all over the earth. Moreover a craft from a civilization that is able to travel inter-dimensionally would be capable of all of the changes in shapes and sizes that are reported by UFO witnesses on a regular basis.
This theory of interdimensional aliens also allows us to begin to consider some of the more eerie aspects of alien contact. The UFO phenomenon after all is not just an aerial phenomenon, it has also come to include what is referred to as the abduction phenomenon. Since the early 1960s people have been reporting alien abductions that seem to defy conventional physical laws in many ways.
These alien abductions seem to have an almost dreamlike quality to them where space and time are not operating on the same laws as we understand them. The people that experience these abductions report:
- that these aliens are able to move through solid objects
- that these encounters seem to defy time as we understand it
- that these aliens are able to access the mind in a way that seems to suggest some kind of ability on their part to travel into the subjective or dream reality of the abductee
This theory of inter dimensional alien visitation answers many of the questions and the problems that plague the purely physical alien theories. While this theory does not negate the possibility of purely physical aliens visiting us from another planet within our own universe, it does add another wrinkle to the whole alien and UFO enigma.
Is it possible that we are being visited by only physical aliens from other planets within our own galaxy or universe?
Is it possible that perhaps we are being visited by what we would consider physical aliens as well as interdimensional aliens?
How physical are interdimensional aliens once they enter our universe?
Are interdimensional aliens responsible for all or some of the abduction phenomena?
Since inter-dimensional technology allows for incredible control over space and time, is there any way that we can ever discover the agenda behind alien visitation and alien abduction?
Having spent time around different paranormal groups, I have always found it very interesting that many of these intrepid paranormal investigators greatly fear that which they are looking for. For example, those paranormal investigators that are so popular now, those investigators that seek ghosts, tend to be deeply afraid of those ghost that they wish to find.
When you first meet them, they seem to be a tough bunch, many of these paranormal investigators. They tend to put on a very strong front and they seem to handle chasing the paranormal sort of like going to war. After a while it is easy to notice that this tough attitude is really a way to compensate for the fear that many of these individuals have. When paranormal investigators use this kind of tough attitude to deal with fear, they tend to act very aggressively; these are usually individuals that will try and confront some kind of ghost or other paranormal phenomena by screaming at it and trying to incite some kind of emotional response from that which they seek. Such actions presuppose that ghosts for example, operate on the same emotional bearing as we do and this is a mistake that usually causes whatever paranormal thing that they’re chasing to become mildly curious but often times these paranormal beings just ignore the investigator and completely leave the area.
There is also the other extreme when it comes to paranormal investigators that greatly fear that which they seek. This other extreme of investigators usually tends to have a bland almost emotionless attitude towards their paranormal quests. These people tend to usually seem almost jaded; as if they are seeking something which they have seen a thousand times and is not that important. The reality though is that they are usually seeking something which they really do not wish to find and they subconsciously or otherwise instill within themselves this bland attitude. This unemotional and highly detached attitude is an often times subconscious way to cope with a highly fearful situation; they are essentially trying to make themselves deeply believe in the non-existence of the paranormal.
There are of course many very good investigators out there but even if one member in their group tends to have one of these extreme emotional responses to the paranormal, this person can make the work for all other investigators in that team a lot more difficult. The reason for this is that such subconscious fear can create a backlash within the psyche of certain individuals. What happens is that essentially these investigators are trying to foil their own efforts; every time that they experience something that could be considered paranormal, they experience fear and this fear compels the individual to try and fight against the belief that any such paranormal phenomenon is real.
Essentially they are looking for something, when they find it and it seems to hit a little too close to home, they battle their own psyche in order to rationally explain away what they are or have just experienced.
We all suffer from this fear of the paranormal of course and our first reaction whenever we encounter it is to try and rationally explain the paranormal away. We either believe what we saw and therefore place ourselves in a very scary and perhaps dangerous situation or we explain it away and do our very best to ignore it. This is a natural response, something that we all learn as children, fighting away the monsters in our closet and under the bed. Eventually this technique, reinforced by the rationale that our parents try to teach us, allows us to no longer see those evil creatures lurking in every shadow.
But if we are to consider ourselves paranormal investigators or if we are truly curious about the paranormal and wish to prove to ourselves that it is indeed real, we must be able to control this natural urge to explain things away like we did as children.
Believe it or not this is an incredibly important aspect of the paranormal. Perhaps the most important aspect for those that are seeking answers. The reason for this is that we will never be able to find that which we seek unless we control this natural response whenever we experience fear. We cannot stop this fear because this fear is the natural response of seeing anything beyond our normal awareness. Since we cannot control this fear we must therefore control our reactions when we experience this fear.
Those who wish to pursue the ‘Weird’, the paranormal that exists all around us, need to explore their beliefs and emotions engendered by these beliefs. As I said it is impossible to stop this fear but we must stop rationally explaining things away in order to find relief from this fear. Next time that you are experiencing a paranormal event, fight the natural urge that you will have to explain it rationally. Try to experience it at face value and don’t work so hard to try and control the emotions that you feel.
The first obstacle for those that seek knowledge is fear
Interesting postscript: this natural fear that we all experience when we see the paranormal can actually be a good thing for the paranormal investigator. This fear is actually fuel for many of the paranormal entities that we search for, and unfortunately it is the very act of trying to control this fear that tends to end any kind of paranormal experience that you might be trying to record.
A dear friend of mine sent me this e-mail a little while ago. This is a snippet from that e-mail;
Last week I was downloading some free game apps onto the iPad. One was Monopoly Hotels or something. Money literally falls from the sky just in case you need a few extra bucks to buy something. I can see why people get interested in these types of games because they are a bunch of quick wins. But I was trying the game out and all I could think of is that there isn’t even a story. Just fake money and a bunch of cute graphics. You can’t even do anything wrong. I was disturbed because I thought of all the people who play the game or similar games and what a waste of time it is. I can see it as stress relief, but if people spend more than that on it, I literally think it’s a waste of time. But I wonder if there is some mandate or ulterior motive for which these games are made. To keep our attention in a screen, to zombify us, to keep us weak? Take our money through some new App?
Although I do enjoy video games, when I get really involved and spend all my free time playing I feel that it isn’t good for me. I don’t feel guilty for goobing around, just that I should be paying attention to life and working on myself. Developers research what makes games hard to stop playing and routinely implement these things into the games.
Her final question was whether I think that it was wrong for her to play too many video games. This is my reply:
In this day and age videogames have taken over as perhaps the premier form of modern entertainment. People have many devices in which to play these games and you can see somebody playing just about anywhere, now that tablets and smart phones are much more affordable.
Being far older than I look, I can remember that day when people used to worry about television and how this evil little device was going to take over the minds of the world, turning us all into zombies that would work all day and then come home to drool in front of our televisions. And before this it was the radio the people feared; people would sit around listening to the little box just like they now sit in front of the TV or in front of the monitor playing some videogame.
People have always wondered about these seemingly simplistic forms of entertainment. In many ways they are rightly concerned that many of these programs or video games are truly just a waste of time. They worry that their precious time is taken up by menial and silly things that are not worthy.
Generally speaking, I do agree that there are many programs and games out there that are really just a waste of time and they are specifically designed to hook the attention of the viewer. These games and programs can be quite destructive because they have an addictive quality. And as my friend mentions in her e-mail, the makers of this entertainment seem to design their programs in order to take advantage of the weaknesses that we all suffer from.
But are all these games or all of these television programs bad?
The answer to this is and an emphatic no!
It has been a long-standing trend to consider these forms of entertainment a waste of time. I personally believe it comes from our Puritan background where we consider ‘idle hands to be the devil’s work’. People sitting in front of some kind of monitor with very little movement tends to engender a reaction in others; this reaction is never a positive one.
When television was the biggest evil in the world, people believed that watching nonsense on television amounted to not only a waste of time but of depravity of the mind. Certainly all television is terrible, they would think, and even what would later be called educational television was still largely a waste because there you were sitting in front of that boob tube drooling; how much can someone learn like that? These critics thought that there wasn’t much to be gained from television and that the only real way to learn and experience was to do it physically.
While people seem to be a little more active while they play video games, the lack of physical action engenders the same feelings that were once generated by the television or the radio. Videogames are seen as even worse because there is, to my knowledge, no such thing as educational video games for adults. In other words if you are a person of a certain age and you are playing video games, you are essentially wasting your time. Most likely you are even learning terrible things because most videogames involve some kind of killing or some other horror, or so it is believed by non-videogame players.
But believe it or not these forms of entertainment are highly valid forms of personal growth. This seems like an impossibility to the Puritans out there but human growth is not a purely physical affair. Our subjective, highly personal, experience is an incredibly important part of our lives. It is true that most people tend to believe that subjective experience can only be gained through objective action, that is people believe that you must experience things and from this physical experience you grow subjectively. But this subjective growth without physical action goes on all the time; for example in our dreams there is no physical action at all and yet our dreams help us immensely in our personal growth.
- Playing video games might seem like a waste of time but it is not. When we play a videogame it is usually because we like that game, this in and of itself is a subjective experience that teaches us about our personal likes and dislikes and it allows us to define the parameters of our personality. Since videogames are so prolific and have such a varied nature, they can truly help us fine tune our desires and as a result the scope of our personal values.
- When we are playing a game that we like we are playing this game because there are certain facets within it the challenge us or inspire us in some way. This personal inspiration allows us to fully experience these facets that we covet so much. It allows us to experience new ideas and to formulate our own conclusions about what would be better or worse. Many artistic individuals find great inspiration to videogames, not because they are copying something that they see but because the subjective act of pursuing something they enjoy allows their minds to make a quantum leap into new possibilities that then discovers new ideas. These discoveries are often even more fantastic than the original game.
- Sometimes we pursue a certain game because we are curious in an almost morbid way. People seem to forget very quickly but as children we are all quite morbid. We love to pretend that we are dead or that we are killing someone in the most terrible way. Children do not do this because they are evil but they do this because they have a more free approach to their subjective reality. They explore what it would feel like to die in the most terrible way, what it would feel like to kill someone and in this way they understand the reasons why they shouldn’t. When we are drawn to violent and destructive videogames, we are doing very similar things, we are exploring what it would be like to experience certain terrible situations and what it feels like to destroy an opponent or kill a monster.
As long as we are willing to explore our feelings while we perform this subjective and morbid exercise, we will soon discover that these are just passing fancies. When a person learns to listen to his subjective desires, he or she will realize that a certain game becomes quite boring after a while and it is in this way that the subjective part of the individual changes perspectives and pursues new games that inspire new subjective ideas and ideals.
- Videogame can help the subjective individual state by allowing a person to release certain hormones and emotions that might have been built up during the day. Often when people engage in very violent or sometimes even very whimsical videogames, they do so because they are trying to pursue a type of release that they are not getting in their physical life. While it is the case that indeed a person should try to pursue objective change, it is also the case that this kind of subjective/hormonal release is a necessary component within all of us. Those that usually engaged in terrible ‘physical’ violence are usually those that do not allow themselves this kind of release; instead they try to control these terrible feelings that they are experiencing and bottle them up. After a while the bottle becomes quite full and it explodes releasing this anger and these frustrated feelings on the objective physical world.
Videogames are not a bad thing, they are source of growth and great subjective potential. Just like the radio and the TV before them, the videogames of today help us find internal truths. They also help us to find new growth as individuals, and even though this growth does not seem evident because subjective growth is a very difficult thing to measure, this growth is nevertheless palpable to those that enjoy these videogames. Their joy and their desire to explore new realms in the videogame world, is a subjective feeling that should not be ignored because it is an internal desire to explore new realms and internal possibilities.
Individuals that greatly enjoy videogames, and play them on a regular basis, tend to be people with huge imaginations. These videogames provide new ideas and the type of mental scaffolding that they use in order to pursue new ideas within themselves. This is especially true of introverts who need this kind of subjective vehicle in order to grow in ways that would be very difficult for them through regular objective means. There are those that would argue that introverts should get out there and experience “true” reality, but people that make such statements are people that are usually very unaware of the potential of the subjective mind and of the incredible power that many introverts have.
Subjective reality is a valid reality. In many ways this subjective experience is far more valid than the objective and physical one. It has become our custom in this modern age to explore our subjective experience through videogames, television, comic books, books, etc.
Do not deny yourself these subjective realities because you believe that it is somehow a wicked waste of time. If you explore your feelings, you will know when you are playing silly games or doing silly things that are wasting your time, and you will also know when you are truly inspired to take ‘action’ as it were in the subjective realm. Pursue your desires in this subjective realm and when you do so you will grow immensely as an individual.
Astral projection, has been a very popular subject in the New Age movement for a very long time. You can find many books, that purport to teach you how to perform astral projection. Some of these books are modestly complex, and give you a number of different exercises that you can try, in order to achieve separation from your body. Other books that try to teach you how to perform astral projection, can be quite complex, and usually involve a set of energetic exercises, that you must perform over a long period of time.
Whether complex or not, these books are usually not always successful. I believe that the problem lies, in the fact that many people find it very hard to believe, that they can leave their bodies and travel at will. If a person does not believe that there is such a thing as an astral body, I mean really believe deep down in the gut, then it is next to impossible for that person to have a projection experience.
The only way for a person to have a successful astral projection experience through these methods, is to continue these exercises over a long period of time. But this is a long and very tedious method, because it might mean that you could be doing the proposed exercises for a very long time, before you get any kind of result at all. It is even possible, that you will never get a positive astral projection experience, if these exercises are not able to convince you, at a deep level, that these Out of Body experiences are real, and that you can replicate them.
For this reason, I have found that it is much more enjoyable and it is much easier, to attain astral projection experiences by first working on what is referred to as ‘mental projection’. Mental projection is very similar, to what is sometimes called remote viewing. What you are actually doing in mental projection, is projecting your mind to another place. This differs from a full blown astral projection, in that you are not projecting your complete astral body, but you are just projecting your mind. In other words when you project somewhere, doing the mental projection technique, you will experience the place you wish to visit, but you will not see yourself in that place, it’s sort of like watching a television show, as opposed to participating in a play.
In order to do mental projection, you must be in a very wakeful state, and you can do it anytime during day or night, whenever you find a quiet moment for 15 minutes to half an hour. Mental projection is much easier for the ego to take, and it is therefore a very good way to become successful at astral projection.
In order to do mental projection:
– Find a nice quiet place, where you can be alone for 15 minutes to half an hour. Try to do this exercise when you are not mentally or physically exhausted, because the trick to this exercise is to try to stay awake, and consciously control the direction of your mind. Take a comfortable position on a chair preferably.
– When comfortable and relaxed, take a few deep breaths. These should be nice and even breaths, that allow you to cleanse your mind and relax completely.
– After about 10 nice deep relaxing breaths, close your eyes and visualize a place where you would like to go. It can be anywhere you want, either the adjacent room, or a place that is many miles away. It is important that at the beginning of these exercises, you know the place where you are going, that is you have been there before. As you become better at mental projection, you can pick new places, where you have never been before, it won’t matter then if this place is on the other side of the world, or the other side of the universe.
– Now, with your eyes closed, imagine this place as vividly as possible. Try to visualize with every one of your senses, that is don’t just try to see the place, but also try to hear the sounds from that place, feel the environment around you, smell the environment, and perhaps even taste the environment if that is at all justified.
– For 15 minutes, try to visualize that place in the most detailed way possible. This can be a very hard thing to do, because the mind has a natural desire to wander, so it is up to you to stay focused on this place where you are trying to project, and to keep bringing your mind back there if it does wander off. After a few minutes, it is also possible that you will start to get a little mentally tired, and you might actually start daydreaming, or even dream a little. If this happens, catch yourself and bring yourself back to a conscious state. The idea is to consciously will your mind to a certain place, and avoid any kind of daydreaming, or wandering by the mind. When you are dreaming or daydreaming, the mind takes off by itself, and it is on autopilot. This is what you want to avoid.
– When you are in this place where you have mentally projected yourself, try to become as aware as possible, of all the things around you. It might be a good idea to have a pen and paper ready, when you come out of your trance, so that you can write down the details of what you saw. While you do want to use your memory to get to that place mentally, when you are there and feel that you are there mentally, I want you to take inventory of the things that you see. If there are certain things that are different from what you remember, write these down when you come out of trance.
– After you have woken, and are looking through your notes, see if there’s any way that you can reconcile, some of the new information that you might have discovered through your mental journey. While this might be a difficult thing to do, it can really help your ego awareness, to understand that it has the possibility of being far more flexible in its perceptions.
For example, you might mentally project to a place where you had gone on vacation, and through this endeavor discovered that there was a change, perhaps a new building that you had not seen before. Proving to yourself that this new building is actually real now, will help your ego awareness to understand that mental projection is possible, and that the information that you gather is legitimate.
But don’t worry if you can’t prove the legitimacy, of some of the data that you acquire through your mental projections. The important thing is to do this exercise on a regular basis, because the act of engaging in it, will allow your body to begin to tune into the possibility of a more flexible perceptive state. Your body’s realization, will eventually become your ego’s realization, and as a result you will find it far easier to believe that astral projection is real, and quite possible for YOU!
If you do this exercise on a regular basis, you will be incredibly surprised as to how powerful mental projection can be. You’ll be able to see, and experience things that are probably quite hard for you to accept right now, especially if you have never had an out of body experience or anything similar. It is quite possible, that you like this exercise so much that you might even forget about the idea of astral projection completely.
Don’t be surprised though, if after doing the mental projection exercises for a while, you find yourself having a complete out of body experience. The mental projection exercise, is far more entertaining than the exercises that you will find in most astral projection books, and is by itself a very valid form of projection, that can allow you to eventually go anywhere you want within the known and unknown universe. Thanks to these personal experiences, you will naturally change your beliefs about the possibility of travelling beyond the confines of your body. This change in belief, will naturally allow you to have out of body experiences.
For all those interested in in reading more about how to have Out of Body Experiences quickly and easily, please check out my book. In this book I present a radically new way to leave the physical body and have a complete Out of Body Experience, where it is not just your mind traveling, but your entire ethereal body. This method is fast, fun, and efficient. I also go into detail about:
-The different worlds that you can access in the Out of Body state
-The type of beings that you can encounter
-Ways to deal with and overcome the limitations of the ego self
-How to consciously participate in Astral Travel and Lucid Dreaming
-How to create and solidify an Astral body
-How to develop Energetic Containment so that you can travel anywhere you want safely.
If you do the mental projections that I talk about in this Video, the double body projection that I talk about in my book, will be very easy indeed. It is quite possible that through just the mental projection exercises, which I describe here in this video, you will naturally have a double body projection without any other help at all.
It is indeed the case that mental projection, is one of the best ways to have a bonafide astral projection, because the mental projection exercise, works directly on the key component of all this: your personal beliefs about the possibility of travel without the physical body.
When Darwin wrote “On the Origin of Species” on November 24/1859, it was indeed a monumental occasion for the emerging science of evolution. Scientists were finally given a theory that they were willing to get behind and like any new religion, its converts traveled far and wide preaching this gospel.
This article investigates the possibility that science and its greatest tenet Evolution, are in many ways a new religion.
How can I possibly make the statement that science is a religion? And more importantly how can I possibly doubt that evolution is concrete, proven, and very real?
If for any reason you have felt pangs of disgust or anger, then you should seriously consider how these emotional reactions are very similar to the emotional reactions that religious people experience when another questions the existence of God. In this article I am not denying Evolution or advocating Creationism, I am discussing something far more important.
It is interesting for me to see just how easily people forget their own history. 600 years ago the church held power over Europe and to question God was a crime that was punishable by death. Many looking back at history may imagine that there would be all these secretive groups walking around questioning the existence of God and hoping for something better like science to come along. But the reality was/is that most of the people during that time believed in God as many now believe in science and the mere idea that something like evolution was more real than creationism was beyond the ability of many to even conceptualize.
It is a popular notion to think of these people in medieval Europe as backwards, definitely uncool. But the reality is that their notions were and are no better than the notions that we now have, no matter how much we would like to think that our beliefs are so much more enlightened. They didn’t believe that they were part of a society that held silly opinions; they believed just like modern people believe that they were at the pinnacle of enlightenment and held notions that were proven to be true by their current reasoning. Same people as now, same silliness, slightly different beliefs.
Because of the current belief in evolution, it is easy to think that since Medieval people existed in the past, that they were less evolved than us now. Evolution after all tells us that we progress over time and just like we evolved from lesser apes, our earlier beliefs are less evolved than our current ones. But the theory of evolution can be contested just like the theory of sequential time (time existing as a linear cause and effect model instead of a spacious present model) can be contested. Our belief structures are an amazing trap and there are very few that can see outside of them; facts, you must realize, are just beliefs that are taken for granted.
While you might think that we have come a long way since medieval Europe, no longer willing to burn someone at the stake for their beliefs perhaps, we can though hardly be said to be civilized about how we deal with others with different beliefs. Certainly people are no longer being drawn and quartered but they are still being destroyed in other ways.
Those that know anything about the academic establishment, know that if you don’t ‘toe the line’, that is you don’t follow the rules of the academic bureaucracy, you will be ostracized and your career will be finished. The academic establishment runs on money and internal cohesion, those that would endanger that cohesion or the money flow have found themselves blackballed and sometimes even jailed.
A good example of dogmatic scientific belief, is the ‘Theory of Evolution’. While we might think that this theory stands upon a bedrock of logic and concrete evidence, the reality is that it is still a theory and in reality there is no real proof to its existence. If you are unfortunate enough to go into some site and debate evolutionary theory with someone, someone who most likely thinks they know everything but really knows only what they have read in books, or even worse have had the unfortunate experience of debating these issues with a very staunch academic body, then you will know that their rant soon takes on a religious zeal. And depending on how much power these people hold over you, a debate like this can be quite costly.
But there are a number of large problems with the theory of evolution:
– First of all evolution requires that our planet be very old. According to most estimates, that is estimates put together by scientists using current scientific geological dating methods, the Earth is something like 4.5 billion years old. The theory of evolution needs this kind of time because one of its basic precepts is that species changed over millions of years in order to adapt themselves to certain environments. Without this time, unless mutations are happening much faster than evolution now believes, this theory cannot be proven to be correct.
And yet, some scientists question these geological dating methods. Different dating methods for the Earth have come up with much different timelines for the creation of the planet; some postulate that the Earth is far younger than what we think. These new and alternative dating methods are based on hard and correct science and yet they will not be considered by academia because many of these methods just do not give data that fits into what science currently believes.
You see here is where we get into the part where science seems to no longer be a discipline of curiosity and questioning, and we start to see it for what it’s becoming; which is an organization that is only willing to see that which fits into its propositions, and this after all is what religion is all about.
While I’m not going to go deeply into any one of these points, I will recommend the book : “forbidden science” by Richard Milton. In his book you will find many of these theories covered in greater detail.
– A missing link has never been found. Evolutionary theory tells us that we evolved over time; that our early ancestors were tiny mammals that evolved into a distinct branch of life forms that embraces the monkeys, then the apes, and finally with us at the very top. Each creature evolving over time and changing from one species to another until we are the final results.
But the reality is that the missing link, that is a creature in between man and ape, has never been found. Many would consider Australopithecus, and Lucy in particular, to be this missing link. And if you were to go into the natural history Museum in England and you were to look at this recovered Australopithecus skeleton, you would most likely naturally conclude that yes indeed this creature does seem to be half ape and half human. The way this old and sparse skeleton is put together, makes it look like it has a straight back with straight legs and a monkey’s head. But those that know of paleontology’s early history, know that scientists love to rearrange bones and all sorts of different ways to suit their current ideas.
Some scientists believe that Lucy is actually just a type of extinct monkey. Such scientists can take that same skeleton in rearrange it in a different way which suggests that Lucy was not a bipedal creature at all. These scientists and these theories are ignored. Scientists that push this theory are ostracized and blackballed.
– According to the theory of evolution, life sprang forth when certain chemicals and the right environment presented itself. By sheer random chance, in a small pond somewhere on earth a few billion years back, certain chemicals got together and from this sludge life was formed. Unfortunately for microbiologist everywhere, this is a concept that has never been replicated. That is to date there is no scientist anywhere that has been able to take a batch of different chemicals and from them bring forth any kind of microbial life at all.
So why is this ignored?
There are many other problems with the theory of evolution, explore them at your own peril :p
Now I’m not arguing for creationism over evolution. So please do not send comments trying to prove the stupidity of my notions on evolution [ read the book and tell Richard Milton instead 🙂 ] or comment about how great I am because I stood up for creationism. This article is actually about beliefs, an article that hopefully will help you realize a little just how powerful beliefs are in our lives; how powerful beliefs are in shaping our reality and how they can make us completely ignore certain data.
I do not though believe in a mechanistic soulless world, where brutal survival of the fittest has created man as the pinnacle of evolutionary processes. I question the theory of evolution and I think that you should too. Not because you should believe what I believe but because we should all strive to understand our own beliefs and how these shape our reality. How beliefs can even turn us into murderous zealots at times.
Why is this important when we talk about the paranormal? It is extremely important because the paranormal is what exists outside of the conceptualized framework of science. Science will not accept the paranormal because they believe that it exists outside of scientific scrutiny, and is therefore so much fantasy. They are right on one count, science can’t see it. But science can’t seem to find the paranormal because it doesn’t believe in it and therefore ignores any data that contradicts its current scientific notions; just like they ignore any hard science and logic that might in any way oppose the Theory of Evolution.
Without an expansion of the mind, an expansion of the intellect, the paranormal will always be the beyond science and this is a real crime against humanity.
There are many people who would like to be psychic. The interesting thing is that we are all psychic really, what tends to hold us back is our disbelief in our abilities and therefore our inability to tune into our perceptions. Perceptions which are usually called psychic or extrasensory, tend to be perceptions that are at the very edge of our attention; that is they exist at the very edge of our conscious attention.
Being psychic therefore involves the ability to access nearly subconscious data. The better that a person is able to access this subtle perception, the more capable that they are as a psychic. Sometimes all we have to go on with these nearly imperceptible perceptions, is a gut feeling or image that has been projected into our minds when we weren’t so focused on daily affairs.
It is possible though to find out if you have any psychic inclinations at all. Here is a simple questionnaire that you can ask yourself to get a basic idea as to how susceptible you are to very subtle perceptions. As I said we are all psychic, but this test should tell you how good you are picking up subtle nearly, subconscious perceptions.
Ask yourself the following questions:
– Have you ever wanted to write something or perhaps draw a picture, which when you look at it in retrospect, seems completely alien to the way that you usually think?
– Do you ever have certain patterns, like the patterns on the ceiling or the patterns in a really busy curtain, change into the faces or into other images?
– Have you ever had a gut feeling that a close friend or relative has been in some kind of trouble or an accident?
– Have you ever smelled something that no one else seems to be able to smell but that somehow invokes an image or a feeling within you that is almost overwhelming?
– Have you ever had a negative feeling about someone who everyone else seems to think is so good?
– When you encounter someone who is feeling ill, do have a natural inclination to touch them or to send them positive energy?
– Have you ever had a strong feeling not to go down a certain alley or perhaps not go to a certain place, but you have no logical reason for this feeling?
– Have you ever handled some kind of item and have noticed that this item invokes certain images in your mind or certain feelings?
– When you’re drifting off to sleep have you ever heard voices, perhaps even a voice talking to you directly?
– Do you see flashes of light out of the corner of your eye or perhaps even around other people?
– Do you ever get a sense that the phone is about to ring just before it rings?
– Do you ever get a strong gut feeling that something’s going to happen, and it does?
– Do you sometimes know what another person is going to say for no particular reason?
– Have you ever dreamt something that later came true?
– Have you ever had a feeling or impulse to turn around only to find out that someone was staring at you?
– Have you ever had the feeling, while alone in a lonely place, that someone is there with you or someone is watching you when in fact you are all alone?
– After stepping into a house or a building for the first time, have you ever had an intense impression from the place, a feeling of sadness or happiness perhaps?
– Have you ever met someone for the first time and yet you know you’ve met them somewhere before?
– Do you see things out of the corner of your eye, perhaps shadows?
– Have you ever seen colored mists? Around people, animals, or objects?
These are simple questions but they can lead to further questioning on your part. This questioning can show you how sensitive you are to those subtle perceptive details that other people tend to overlook. If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, then you should realize that you do have psychic potential.
In the future, try to pay more attention to those subtle feelings, those gut feelings, those random images that pop into your head from nowhere. It is through this awareness that you will discover your psychic self.